World Bank hiring an Associate/ Investment Officer.
Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new strategy to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict affected States (FCS). This new strategy aims at creating our own opportunities for private investments in riskier markets by proactively working in these countries to create, deepen, and expand the markets themselves. Delivering on this strategy requires a different approach to delivering integrated and scalable solutions that create new markets through Upstream engagements and the implementation of the Cascade, in very close collaboration with World Bank colleagues at the country and sector level. Ultimately, it is about creating a new pipeline of bankable operations/ projects.
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) Industry Department is one of IFC’s key strategic priorities. The team delivers financial and technical support to clients in the manufacturing, agribusiness, tourism, retail, property, health and education sectors, from IFC’s own balance sheet and through mobilization of other capital.
IFC’s Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services Department is seeking an Investment Officer to be based in Dakar, Senegal reporting to the Johannesburg-based Regional Industry Manager. The selected candidate will join the Manufacturing and Consumer Services sector team and will work primarily with IFC’s teams based in Sub-Saharan Africa. The position provides an opportunity for the candidate to obtain broad sector experience.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
The Associate Investment Officer will have a wide range of evolving responsibilities, which will be exclusive or shared with other team members. Anticipated scope of duties and responsibilities includes the following:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the relevant sector (in particular Health & Education, Manufacturing, Tourism, Retail and Property) and support team in developing strong relationships with key counterparts in the private sector.
- Proactively identify potential investment partners and opportunities based on industry experience, reputation, market potential, financial capability, and strategic fit
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality and development impact and make recommendations to IFC’s management
- Execute loan, equity, and mezzanine financings including processing mandates, conduct due diligence, structuring deals, negotiate terms and documentation, arrange syndications, and process internal approvals
- Work closely with IFC’s specialists to manage technical, legal, insurance, environmental, social, corporate governance, and other risks in projects and champion IFC’s sustainability offerings to clients
- Monitor clients’ compliance with the terms of investment agreements, prepare timely supervision reports, identify early warning signs, and, when necessary, formulate/implement strategies for work-outs, restructurings or rescheduling
- Provide high quality client service throughout the project cycle from transaction sourcing and processing to supervision
- MBA, Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent;
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience with significant emerging markets presence; relevant sector experience is a plus;
- Experience in investment transaction, with proven success in developing client relationships as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring and closing quality investments;
- Knowledge of and experience in emerging markets a plus;
- Strong business judgment in identifying potential business partners;
- Strong financial and credit skills; sound business judgment and demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity);
- Client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client needs effectively;
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries and to build networks across the region, including the ability to mentor and coach others to achieve results;
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and deliver promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in French is a plus.
Application deadline: 5 August 2020
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/7411/application?c=worldbankgroup#1
Vous vous êtes inscris avec succès au Newsletter. Toutes les opportunités d'emplois et de stages vous seront donc envoyés par mail <span class="et_bloom_close_button"></span> <span class="et_bloom_bottom_trigger"></span>