Application Deadline: October 3, 2022
The USAID/AMI EMERGE Programme supports women-led businesses based in South Africa address barriers to accessing finance, build leadership confidence & buy-in, and close financial deals.
This Programme is for:
- Women-led businesses in South Africa experiencing challenges in accessing finance
- The main participant and applicant must be the CEO, Managing Director, Owner, or Founder of the business and must be an active participant in the programme
Generated annual revenue of R500,000 – R5,000,000 in the last financial year
Years In Business:
Operational for more than 2 years
Willing to work online – i.e. Must have a smartphone/Internet connection to access online tools, courses and online community
Willing to share performance/financial data as part of finance linkage
The programme learning journey focuses on taking your business through 4 key phases of your journey over a 4 month period. Each stage is approximately 3-4 weeks long. You’ll be supported by key AMI staff during this period including the Programme Facilitator and a dedicated AMI Programme & Learning Manager.
Phase 1- Why are you not getting the finance you want?
Phase 2- How to maximise your chances of success
Phase 3: How to seal the deal
Phase 4- Access to finance
- Address barriers to accessing finance with practical tools
Learn how to implement critical business practices that will plug gaps impeding ability to access finance
- Enhance your power skills
Learn how to build leadership confidence through crafting and communicating powerful storytelling and pitching techniques, initiative-taking and using values to shape behaviours.
Businesses that successfully complete the learning journey will be linked to relevant financial providers.
- Networking and Peer Learning
Businesses in the programme will receive access to peer learning and collaboration to work through challenges and encourage you to keep driving toward your ultimate goal.
- START DATE: October 2022
- DURATION: 4 Months
- FORMAT: Virtual facilitator-led training
- PROGRAMME FEE: Full scholarship to qualifying applicants/businesses
For More Information: