Application Deadline: 17 September 2023
The UNESCO-UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme aims to build the capacity of TVET leaders from around the world, supporting them to become successful and effective agents of change in their institutions and beyond. The programme is designed to update participants’ understanding of the latest developments in TVET and equip them with the skills and tools that are required for effective leadership in the TVET sector.
Since 2016, the TVET Leadership Programme has trained over 700 TVET leaders, managers and staff from more than 95 countries. This includes global and regional editions of the programme, organized through in-person and online modalities. The 2022 edition trained 140 participants from 61 countries.
October – December 2023
The UNESCO-UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme 2023 will be offered online and covers three key dimensions that are essential for TVET leaders to become change agents:
- strategic knowledge: “vision for change”,
- thematic knowledge: “knowledge for change”, and
- leadership and management skills: “skills for change”.
The programme is designed to sharpen leaders’ vision, share up-to-date TVET knowledge and trends and provide a platform for skills development. Each dimension will be carefully curated, with presenters, panel discussions and networking opportunities on a range of selected topics across four core modules.
The UNESCO-UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme is implemented as a hands-on, highly interactive programme, with a focus on strategy and impact. It is anchored in policy while networking among participants remains an important element. It is implemented across 4 modules that are delivered via 4 online webinars:
Module 1Vision for changeModule 2Knowledge for changeModule 3Skills for changeModule 4Proposals (project or initiative) for changeParticipant profile
The programme targets mid- to senior-level TVET professionals with the following functional roles:
- Leadership and management of TVET, skills, or employment systems or institutions;
- Framing or implementation of policies and guidelines;
- Monitoring and evaluation; and
- Networking and partnership management
Candidates should fulfil the following criteria:
- Interest and ability to drive change in the TVET field, in skills, or in employment systems or institutions;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the TVET field, skills, or employment systems or institutions; and
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Candidates should be committed to actively participating in the programme, including the development of an action plan (module 4).
For More Information: