Application Deadline: 11 June 2023, 11:59 pm GMT +2.
UNESCO’s Social and Human Sciences Sector and France 2023 are joining forces to celebrate diversity and harness the power of rugby to foster more inclusive societies.
In the context of the Rugby and Wheelchair Rugby World Cup 2023 (September-October 2023), UNESCO and France 2023 invite the most creative amateur photographers to join the photo contest “Celebrating our Differences”.
Aimed at promoting rugby’s core values outside the field, it is a call for everyone to fight against any form of discrimination in and through sport. With racism and inequalities on the rise globally, this contest is an opportunity to illustrate the power of art and sport to raise awareness about this issue, break down stereotypes, and support more inclusive societies.
Any person willing to highlight the values of rugby can participate, in one of the three following categories:
- Under 18 years old;
- From 18 to 30 years old
- Over 30 years old.
Professional photographers are not allowed to participate in the contest.
UNESCO will select a total of 16 winners, distributed in three winners per theme (one winner per category) and one “Coup de cœur Canon” per theme chosen from all the categories.
The winners will:
- Have their photo exhibited at UNESCO Headquarters in the summer of 2023 and in the host cities of the World Cup. The photos will also be published online on the websites and social media platforms of UNESCO and France 2023.
- Receive one UNESCO photobook, one Canon camera, and one voucher for the France 2023 official store.
Submitted photos must illustrate at least one of the following themes. Participants can submit one photo per theme, for a total of four photos.
- Rugby for all genders, to highlight diversity and gender equality.
- Rugby to foster inclusion of people with disabilities
- Rugby to tackle discrimination, to fight against racism and LGBTI-phobia.
- Our differences make us stronger, to celebrate physical, social, cultural and generational differences.
How to Participate
Photos must be sent before 11 June 2023, 11:59 pm GMT +2.
- Photo(s) must be sent by email to the following address: [email protected]
- Subject of the mail: Theme of the photo – Name of the participant
- Title of the file: NAME_Firstname_theme_category.
Each photo must be accompanied by a title and a caption containing 200 words maximum, in English or French, explaining its context and its contribution to the chosen theme.
UNESCO and France 2023 reserve the right to use the submitted photos and to make modifications.
Late submissions will not be considered.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Celebrating our differences” photo contest on sport and inclusion