Application Deadline: 15 August 2022
The Tübingen-South Africa Programme is a cultural and language exchange programme that offers South African students the chance to be exposed to the German culture and language. It also aims to bring about closer ties and understanding between South Africa and Germany.
Students spend a month in Tübingen, where they take part in a programme designed to provide a broad spectrum of knowledge in various subjects, from language to history to economics. Students also go on factory visits and sightseeing excursions, which make for an exciting four weeks of multifaceted learning.
- Each year, 18 students from Tübingen’s local partner universities get the chance of a lifetime to take part in the programme. Apart from SU, the other partner universities are the universities of Cape Town, KwaZulu-Natal, Johannesburg, Witwatersrand, Pretoria and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
You must also be able to serve as a good ambassador for South Africa. More specifically, you must:
- be registered for a full degree at SU;
- be in at least your second year of study;*
- have an overall aggregate of 60%;*
- have not travelled abroad before;
- be able to travel to Germany for the month of January; and
- be a South African citizen OR hold a valid South African study visa.
*Additional requirements specifically applicable to SU students.
Successful SU students qualify for a travel bursary to cover their flight expenses. The programme then covers your:
- accommodation with a German host family (including a small breakfast);
- lunch and dinner during the week at the local student canteen (Mensa);
- bus pass for the month of January valid in Tübingen and suburbs;
- internet access;
- study material (notepad, pens, etc.);
- seminars and classes;
- expenses associated with other, accompanying events and activities;
- expenses associated with official excursions and factory tours, including transport, entrance fees, meals, etc.; and
- extra warm winter wear, if needed.
How to Apply:
- To apply students can send their CV and two-page written motivation to [email protected] by 15 August 2022.
For More Information: