Application Deadline: 12 July 2023
The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) offers an annual Award for graduates and scientists of a Swiss institution who work in agricultural research for development.
- The best PostDoc/team project wins CHF 10’000, the best Master thesis CHF 1’000.
- Submission is not complicated.
- The Award may help winners enter into development work, or receive funding.
The goals and objectives of SFIAR are: a) Sharing information between ARD stakeholders in Switzerland b) Promoting the visibility of Swiss ARD c) Playing an advocacy role at policy level d) Serving as a national partner in international initiatives e) Promoting collaboration between actors in Swiss ARD
Eligible for the SFIAR Award is research that
• is within the thematic scope (see ARD definition above)
• has been completed preferably no longer than three years ago, or is ongoing with recent achievements/milestones (for Master’s Thesis Award: master’s thesis submitted not longer than 24 months ago)
• has been carried out at or in close collaboration with a Swiss institution
• has involved partners (institutions and/or individuals) located in developing countries
- The Award is offered annually. Based on a recommendation by the Selection Committee the SFIAR may decide that the award for a particular year will be restricted to one category only, i.e. a Master’s thesis or PhD or Post Doc/team1, and that further restrictions may also be applied.
- The SFIAR Award 2023 is restricted to the following: one prize (CHF 10’000) for the best PostDoc/team project; one prize (CHF 1’000) for the best Master’s thesis.
- Applicants have to fill in the attached application form and provide the research summary (maximum 2 pages including illustrations) and the other documents mentioned on the form in English, French or German.
- Applications that do not meet the formal requirements will not be considered.
- The deadline for applications is 12 July 2023.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) 2023
Previous articleUniversity of Kwazulu Natal Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division (HEARD) PhD Scholarships 2023 for young Africans.