Application Deadline: May 21, 2023
An undeniable catalyst for progress, technological innovation can only reach its full potential if it is supported by a solid, viable business proposition that meets current and future social and environmental needs.
As well as encouraging innovation, Orange also rewards the positive entrepreneurial spirit of dynamic start-ups within the framework of its Social Venture Prize. Since 2011 this International Grand Prix competition has welcomed start-ups from 17 countries in Africa and the Middle East. It identifies, rewards, and supports business propositions that make a positive social and environmental impact.
To encourage sustainable, responsible, and inclusive development, the International Women’s Prize was introduced in 2020, promoting business ventures led by women entrepreneurs.
- Be 21 years and over
- Present a social entrepreneurship project based on NICT (New Information and Communication Technologies)
- The candidates must present a project that involves at least one of the 17 countries
Phases of the competition
- The first phase will take place between June and September: each application will be assessed according to the rules of the national competitions and up to three winners will be selected in each country. The international phase will then begin. An evaluation committee of Orange employees will preselect 10 finalists from the national winners.
- In October, these finalists will be evaluated by a grand jury of influential representatives from the African tech world, who will choose the three overall winners of the International Grand Prix.
- This jury will also be responsible for choosing the winner of the International Women’s Prize.
Awards International Grand Prix
- 1st prize: €25,000
- 2nd prize: €15,000
- 3rd prize: €10,000
The 10 finalists within the OSVP International Grand Prix and the winner of the International Women’s Prize will also receive 6 to 9 months of business development support.
International Women’s Prize
How to Apply:
Because start-ups need to devote their precious time to building and growing their business, it is fast and easy to apply for the national OSVP competition.
You can save your application as you go to continue the process later. You don’t need to complete a specific document; however, you may attach your logo, a presentation, and any relevant social media or web addresses.
Please note: the same process applies for both the International Grand Prix and the International Women’s Prize.
Plan your application
To make your application even easier, gather your supporting information in advance (for example, your logo or presentation) and prepare three supporting statements:
- Define the problem you wish to solve (max. 200 characters)
- Describe your proposed solution (max. 200 characters)
- Create a pitch presentation (max. 1,500 characters)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Orange Social Venture Prize 2023