Application Deadline: June 9, 2023
The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture’s (CALA) Advanced Leadership Programme is a collaborative, hands-on, and tailored experience for senior and rising leaders in Africa’s agriculture sector. Designed for individuals spearheading and directly implementing specific country-level agriculture initiatives, the programme is initially open to participants from eight countries (see eligibility).
The 16-month leadership programme for experienced professionals will include a unique learning approach to developing participants’ leadership, collaboration and management skills, through the following experiences:
- Virtual and in-person (when possible) learning events to hone leadership skills for delivery
- Action Learning Projects connected directly to the participants’ job objectives and country transformation objectives
- On-the-job and in-country coaching
- Regular peer accountability sessions
- Participation in bi-annual leadership forums
- Participation in the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
- Exposure to case studies of ‘Game-changers’ in African agriculture
- Virtual and in-person peer-learning and networking with cohorts of participants from across the continent.
Leaders implementing country-level agriculture efforts:
- Established or emerging leaders working in government, private firms and associations, or civil society organizations who are responsible for driving agriculture flagships and priority programs.
- Must be actively employed or working in government (public sector), private sector and civil society (associations or civil society organizations)
- 2 initial cohorts will be formed from participants from the following countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda.
Certificate & Recognition
- Graduates of the programme will receive a certificate in Advanced Leadership Programme for Africa’s Food Security & Sustainability
- Be recognized as delivery champions across AGRA’s prestigious continental platforms and events, including at the national level
- Join an esteemed network of transformative leaders providing peer support for continuous achievement of country priorities
Programme Costs & Sponsorship
- Participants’ fees are fully sponsored through support provided to AGRA by the German Development Cooperation through KfW Development Bank.
- This will include travel costs for all Leadership Forums and graduation events from 2022. Participants are expected to meet their own costs of internet access, as the 2021 leadership forum will be virtual in compliance with COVID-19 restrictions.
- Please note, attendance fees for AGRF 2021 will be fully self-sponsored (or supported by your institution) and CALA does not provide for per diems for attendance.
- Applications for Cohort 3 open on May 3 and will close on June 9, 2023
- Selection communicated by early JulyCohort 3 begins in August 2023
For More Information:
Previous articleAfrican Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC) grants to investigate health issues in 2023 ($3 000 grant)Next articleTechCrunch Startup Battlefield 200 Competition for early-stage African startups