Application Deadline: Monday, April 17, 2023.
The AIG Public Leaders Programme (AIG PLP) offers emerging African public sector leaders a unique opportunity to develop their leadership capacity and acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to drive change. Run in conjunction with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government, the programme offers an immersive, world-class executive education experience, led by some of the world’s leading public policy experts and teachers.
The programme is designed to ensure these senior public leaders, and those moving into senior leadership in the public sector over the next three to seven years, master a range of new skills as quickly as possible. Participants have an unparalleled opportunity to develop the conceptual frameworks and practical tools they need to meet the challenges of today’s rapidly changing and complex world.
The experience is intense and demanding, engaging participants through classroom discussion, practical exercises, simulations and group work. The programme aims to equip participants with the skills needed to build transformative cultures of excellence, effectiveness, and integrity throughout the public institutions they lead, and across the broader public sector. Their success is their country’s benefit.
Participants work on these critical skills:
- Communicating effectively
- Harnessing digital technology
- Reducing cognitive bias in decision-making
- Strengthening organisational effectiveness
- Maintaining personal integrity
- Be citizens of any African country and actively working within the public sector in Africa
- Have a minimum of seven years’ of active service in the public sector
- Be at a Directorate level
- Must not exceed 50 years of age
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the AIG Public Leaders Programme 2023/2024