Application Deadline: February 13, 2023
The Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) offers you proven tools and knowledge from experts who can help you to put sustainability at the heart of your strategy and take your leadership to the next level. The programme is based on Sweden’s prominent position in innovation and sustainable business – and its connection to the global economy.
A core outcome of the programme is for every participant to work with your organisation and implement sustainability strategically. You will formulate the actions and plan on the needs of your organisation and its stakeholders.
The programme runs online and at local conference venues between April 2023 – December 2023, including one week in Sweden. SIMP offers coaching, interactive workshops and lectures, as well as meetings with representatives from companies and organisations in Sweden. SIMP is a challenging and interactive programme that requires your active participation and contribution. It is not a series of one-way lectures.
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
- You are between 25 and 50 years old (born 1972–1996).You work for an enterprise. We are looking for business leaders who are already CEO´s or senior managers of small or medium–sized enterprises, or managers of a significant and distinct department of a large enterprise, who have responsibility for the profits of their business.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of making things happen.
- You are willing to support and share your experience and knowledge with other participants.You have a high level proficiency in both written and spoken English.You have a post-secondary education.
- You have access to high speed internet for interactive video meetings
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Conference facilities for meetings locally (i.e. in capitals), and hotel if you don’t live in the capital.
- Flights to and from Sweden for the programme week.
- Accommodation, most meals, most transportation and insurance while in Sweden.
- In-depth knowledge and skills about sustainable business practices with a focus on human rights, climate and the environment, decent working conditions and anti-corruption.
- Capacity and knowledge to lead change and implement sustainable business practices in your own organisation.
- Insights into business cases for sustainability in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice.
- Customised expert coaching based on your organisation’s and your own personal needs.
- A unique opportunity of close collaboration and exchange with colleagues at your own level from several other countries, developing strong, long-lasting professional networks.
- Access to the global Swedish Institute alumni network with leaders who are committed to sustainable business and responsible leadership.
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. To apply for the Swedish Institute Management Progamme, please go to the application portal and select what programme you would like to apply for.
These are the steps you need to go through to submit your application:
- Register your profile in the application portal.
- Select what programme you would like to apply for.
- Answer all the questions for the different sections in the application portal (found in the left-hand menu).
- Upload your CV and a recommendation letter from your employer under the document section, a photo under another section. CV is mandatory, a recommendation letter is not but however recommended. A template is available here.
- After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
For any issues regarding the application you can reach out to the recruitment team on the following email [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) Africa 2023
Previous articleMTN Uganda Ace Tech Program 2023 for young Ugandan Innovators