Application Deadline: Varying by Country
Youth to Work is the flagship employability programme under Futuremakers by Standard Chartered, the Bank’s global initiative to tackle inequality and promote greater economic inclusion for young people in local communities focusing on three pillars: Entrepreneurship, Employability and Education. The Standard Chartered Foundation (SCF) is the lead partner in delivering the global Futuremakers initiative.
The programme is delivered by our teams in Uganda, Zambia and Ghana and is designed to support exceptional young professionals and Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs), to drive positive change for young people and businesses alike.
- Equip you with key accredited business, consultancy and employability skills to overcome barriers to employment and/or entrepreneurship.
- Position you in Small and Growing Businesses where you will provide structured and targeted business development services to the enterprise.
- Provide you a platform where you will deliver training and share knowledge and expertise with hundreds of young people who will be entering the labour market in the years ahead.
- Give you access and exposure to potential employers and wider networks.
- Receive key on-site business development services that support the growth and resilience of your enterprise
- Receive support to grow your peer networks and strengthen your ecosystem
- Access to training master classes with experts from various fields. By the end of the program, each participating company will have a record of financial and operational performance, including tools and templates to support their growth. This will mean that the company will be in an improved position to present itself effectively to investors and to satisfy any diligence process included in a future transaction, which we define as improved “investment readiness”
Support provided by Challenges
- A comprehensive 2 week training program in professional consulting and business improvement skills
- Access to best-practice resources to guide you on placement
- Ongoing training, mentoring and support from Challenges during your enterprise placement
- Unprecedented opportunity to gain valuable insight into all areas of a enterprise and work alongside their senior management team to develop an action plan
- An opportunity to develop your current skill set to improving your employability
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses related to your placement.
For More Information:
Previous articleMaliyo Games Design Academy 2023 for aspiring game artistsNext articleWorld Bank’s International Corruption Hunters Alliance 2023 Blog Contest (Sponsored Trip to Forum in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire)