Application Deadline: December 1st, 2022
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results Note: SINGA is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and International students studying/who have studied in Singapore tertiary institutions are not eligible.
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Estimated cost of living in Singapore
Item Per Student Per Month (S$) Food University Canteens 250 – 350 Meals outside Campus 450 – 600 Accommodation (based on a single room) On – Campus* 400 – 700 Transport Expenses (local) 100 – 150 Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.) 400 – 500 Total Estimated Cost of Living 1,400 – 2,000
*Priority for on-campus accommodation is usually given to first year students.
1. Browse PhD Research Projects
Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
2. Documents Required
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
a. Valid Passport
b. A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
3.Transcripts & Reports
ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
Applicants applying to NUS supervisors/projects are required to submit your GRE scores in your SINGA application form.
For all other applicants, you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory GRE scores as part of the university admission requirement.
The submission of IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results is optional and may be requested later by the university for admission.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Singapore International Graduate Award 2023 Scholarships