Uganda Management Institute (UMI) is delighted to offer a number of fully-funded scholarships. Those awards are only open to domestic students who have been admitted to any master’s program at the university. Uganda Management Institute has received funding from the African Development Bank under the High Education Science and Technology (HEST) Project- ADB V.
The grants were secured through the Government of Uganda under the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) to offer scholarships to Ugandan students. The scholarships are aimed at building capacity in public institutions of high education.
The funding is meant for a number of developmental projects under Component II to support postgraduate training and specialized skills for staff and students.
Uganda Management Institute (UMI) is a National Centre for Training, Research, and Consultancy in the field of Administration, Leadership, and Management. Officially opened on 7th October 1969 as the Institute Public Administration (IPA), the Institute was mandated to conduct intensive in-service training to quickly develop management capacity in the public service.
What You Need To Know About The Uganda management institute masters programs
It’s against this background that Uganda Management Institute invites interested participants for this FULL SCHOLARSHIP opportunity from UMI Kampala, Gulu, Mbarara and Mbale Centres who will meet the criteria to apply for the available opportunities
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
The scholarship is open to Postgraduate or masters programs in any field of studies.
The scholarship is to be taken in Uganda. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
This institute masters programs Scholarship is open to Ugandans ONLY.
Scholarships cover full tuition fees.
Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- Ugandan nationals living in Uganda;
- Must have gained UMI admission on any of the Post Graduate OR Masters Programs.
- Not more than 45 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit will be 50 years;
- UMI Staff and their close relatives are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are already sponsored by other Programs are not eligible.
How to apply Uganda Management Institute Scholarship
Applications should be sent to the Uganda Management Institute by post and must include the following:
- Copy of admission letter for the program on which you were admitted
- A motivation statement not exceeding 500 words
- Copies of academic documents (MUST attach transcripts)
- Any other relevant documents to support information provided above (Physical Challenge, Talent, Nationality, etc.)
Application forms can be picked from any of our receptions in Kampala, Gulu, Mbale, and Mbarara study centers OR downloaded from Uganda Management Institute website and submitted to;
Uganda Management Institute
Kampala Front Desk reception, Gulu, Mbale OR Mbarara Centre Administrators
NB: For more inquiries, please contact
Mrs Kwatampora Rose Oguttu
Head of Projects & Marketing Department (Project Manager)
[email protected], [email protected]
UMI-Kampala, Kalebbo Room 5.10
July Every Year. Currently, applications are not Ongoing. We will give you feedback as soon as it starts.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND