Application Deadline: 31 August 2022
The SAB Foundation Tholoana Enterprise Programme is committed to supporting entrepreneurs to build viable, growing and sustainable businesses that can create jobs.
Since 2015, this innovative and life-changing programme has delivered exceptional results for hundreds of entrepreneurs all over the country and across multiple business sectors.
The SAB Foundation Tholoana Enterprise Programme supports entrepreneurs to become successful and resilient business owners through extensive entrepreneurial skills development, mentorship and access to markets, finance and practical business tools and templates. Through connections to peers around the country, we build a powerful network of opportunities for participants long after the programme has ended.
The programme prioritises entrepreneurial ventures that are owned and managed by historically disadvantaged groups (i.e. black people, women, youth, people living with disabilities and those living in rural areas) so as to help redress socio-economic challenges faced by these marginalised groups
In 2022, Tholoana Enterprise Programme will be recruiting 60 high-potential businesses to take up this life-changing opportunity.
Tholoana Enterprise Programme prioritise selecting businesses that are owned or run by women, located in rural areas and that benefit
people living with disabilities.
Below are specific eligibility criteria that business owners need in order to apply: Entrepreneur requirements
• The applicant should be resilient, self-motivated and driven to succeed.
• The applicant should show a willingness to learn, grow and change.
• The applicant should show entrepreneurial and leadership abilities.
• The applicant is involved in the daily operations and management of the business on a full-time basis and is not employed by any other organisation.
• The applicant is a South African citizen
• The applicant has the skills and experience necessary for the type of business they are engaged in.
• The applicant is looking for business support, mentorship and skills training to take their business to the next level.
• The applicant is committed to full participation in the programme over the18-month period.
• The applicant is open to change and willing to drive new strategies to support the growth of their business.
• The applicant has high moral and ethical standards and a desire to contribute to the economy of South Africa.
• The business is at least 51% black-owned and managed
• The business creates jobs.
• The business is in the early stages of growth.
• The business is operational and has been trading for at least 12 months.
• The business should be a going concern, commercially sustainable and viable.
• The business is headquartered and registered (if applicable), within South African borders.
In addition, we are keen to identify enterprises with long-term growth and good job creation potential. This includes enterprises with export potential and/or import substitution, as well as ones in growth sectors including agriculture, manufacturing, water, energy and waste, tourism and hospitality, information communication technology and agro-processing etc.
engineering and investment readiness are also on offer. Online information sessions:
- Participate fully in all programme elements, peer groups and business growth interventions.
- Meet all milestones agreed upon.
- Complete all baseline and yearly surveys as requested, for a period of five years.
- Regularly engage with your mentor, ensuring that you utilise their knowledge and support.
- Submit monthly business data including simple online financial reports.
- Maintain open, two-way communications (including any concerns and suggestions) with our friendly team.
- Show positive, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate a willingness to listen, learn and grow.
- Share ideas, think big, and help yourself and others to succeed!
For More Information: