Application Deadline: July 3, 2023
Pitch AgriHack supports technological innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture across Africa. It targets young entrepreneurs 18 to 40 years. The Pitch AgriHack competition is sponsored by Heifer International and managed by Generation Africa, a thematic platform of The AGRF. The competition will identify and amplify efforts by young innovators to build resilience beyond COVID-19 through digital agriculture products and services. These innovations should be scalable and generate measurable impact in Africa’s food systems. Winners will receive funding and continued support to scale up their innovations to transform the agriculture sector.
- Be aged 18-40 on the day of submission to the 2023 Pitch AgriHack Competition.
- Hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union.
- Be the founder/co-founder of the enterprise represented in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership.
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or
- Not be a previous Pitch AgriHack or GoGettaz finalist or winner.
- Submit the application form in English.
- Agree with the Terms & Conditions.
- With total prize money of USD 45,000, Pitch AgriHack 2023 will reward the most promising ventures that address key challenges and promote sustainable agricultural development across the continent.
- The competition consists of three categories: Early-stage, Mature/Growth-stage, and Women-led ventures. Three winners and three runners-up will be selected in each category, with each winner receiving a cash prize of USD 10,000 and each runner-up receiving USD 5,000.
- Finalists will be selected from among applicants through a rigorous selection process by expert reviewers who will evaluate the submissions based on their innovativeness, feasibility, and potential for impact. Selected finalists will then pitch their agritech solutions to an esteemed panel of judges, on stage at a live finale event, at the AGRF in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, from the 4th – 8th of September, where the winners will also be announced.
- Meanwhile, the AGRF Agribusiness Deal Room, attended by over 800 companies, 15 government delegations, and 150 public and private investors, will generate exciting new opportunities for these entrepreneurs to secure investments, partnerships, and mentorship.
For More Information:
Previous articleThe Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers (i-FAIR) Program 2023 for entrepreneurs and innovators.Next articleMeta/Ingressive For Good Social Media Marketing Scholarships 2023 for young Africans.