Application Deadline:November 10, 2022.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is a yearlong intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation. Each year, ONA welcome a cohort of women representing a range of backgrounds, expertise and newsrooms around the globe.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator offers an intensive program of mentoring, discussion and learning from some of the top minds in digital media. Participants work closely with mentors on challenges unique to their careers and also receive support and coaching from ONA throughout the year.
- The program is open to English-speaking participants from around the world.
- Selected applicants are responsible for ensuring all necessary travel documents are valid and effective for travel to the in-person elements of the program in April or May 2023 and again in August 2023.
- Travel requirements may change as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves.
The 2023 accelerator provides:
- Virtual hello meeting in March, individual virtual welcome coaching between March and April, and an in-person cohort workshop in April/May; focused on hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; and one-on-one coaching from industry leaders
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges
- Registration to the 2023 Online News Association Conference (#ONA23)
- Closing workshop for the cohort in August, coinciding with ONA23
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system
- Oct. 21, 2022: Applications open
- Nov. 10, 2022: Applications close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (4:59 UTC)
- February/March 2023: Cohort announced
- Week of March 9: Hello Meeting for WLA23 Cohort (1-2 hours, virtual)
- Between March/April: Individual welcome coaching (virtual)
- April/May 2023: In-person workshop in Chicago (exact dates to be confirmed)
- August 22, 2023: Closing workshop during ONA23 in Philadelphia
For More Information: