Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Government of Japan Internship Program: As Japanese companies take on young foreign talent from abroad for internships, Japan achieves greater internationalization for its people and organizations through knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business for Japanese companies, and by changing awareness through working with foreigners and experiencing cross-cultural communication, as well as constructing networks and developing in-house systems in conjunction with overseas universities aimed at securing foreign talent.
This program aims for people from developing countries to get a great opportunity to learn overseas business strategies in Japanese businesses and to acquire the skills and expertise from Japanese companies. You would be trained as a global leader capable of working in Japan, in your home country and all over the world in the future.
- People who have full of skills and knowledge, and are currently living in either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China and having the nationality of either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China. ※ If you have already applied for 2016~2021 programs, you cannot apply in this time.
①1st August 2022～9th September 2022
②22nd August, 2022～30th September2022
①31st October 2022～9th December 2022
②7th November 2022～16th December 2022
Applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Understanding the purpose of this program and having the will to contribute to the host company’s activities with his/her skill and knowledge
- Living in either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China and
Having the nationality of either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China
- Being able to work as an intern for 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday through Friday in the place agreed, in the case of the Course-A, a designated workspace.
- Having language proficiency in Japanese (JLPT N3 or higher) and/or in English (Business level).
- Submitting the following document(s):
→For Students of University or Graduate School: a letter of recommendation by his/her academic advisor
→For Graduates: a graduation certificate of university or graduate school
- Submitting a certificate of useful qualifications for internship (if applicable)
- Being able to attend the Pre- and post-orientation
- Being able to follow the instruction by JIP office and the host company.
Note: The applicant cannot apply if he/she has already participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2021.
For More Information: