Application Deadline: Monday, October 9, 2023.
MEST Africa Challenge (MAC) is a Pan-African pitch competition for early-stage technology startups seeking to ramp up traction and growth.
Dream big, pitch bold, and unlock the next stage of your business and entrepreneurial growth. For early-stage technology startups seeking to realize their full potential and unleash innovative solutions, an incredible opportunity awaits. Join us for the 5th year of the MEST Africa Challenge to unlock funding, mentorship, and unparalleled opportunities to propel your startup’s success.
This year, MEST is thrilled to bring even more excitement to early-stage entrepreneurs with startups based in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Kenya, and South Africa. As part of this prestigious competition, tech founders stand a chance to win the coveted USD 50,000 in equity, gain global recognition, and become part of MEST Africa’s lifelong supportive community.
Become a part of Africa’s burgeoning tech entrepreneurs and innovators by showcasing your groundbreaking innovation at Africa’s leading startup pitch competition. Take your business to new heights with us!
Launched with the aim of providing a stage for technology startups to raise funding, build industry networks and gain global visibility, the competition has grown to become a key establishment in Africa’s startup technology industry giving an unprecedented global platform to hundreds of entrepreneurs from all over Africa.
Your business must be an early-stage technology startup based in at least one of the 5 countries where we will hold the Regional Finals (Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Kenya) with the following characteristics:
- Monthly Recurring Revenue: A minimum of $5k
- Funding raised: Cumulative $1M or less
- Years in existence: 3 years and below
- Traction: At least 6 months of recurring revenue
- Founding team: At least 2 founding team members
- Registered in Delaware (This is preferred)
Stand the chance of winning $50,000 in equity
Gain visibility from investors & potential partners
A lifetime of Support
Get lifetime benefits from MEST’s community
Win prizes and perks from MEST strategic partners
USD 50,000 in equity investment, access to MEST Portfolio resources and strategic partnerships, 1-year professional business coaching in addition to other benefits and prizes for the main winner and Regional Finalists.
- Complete an online application
- Submit a pitch deck and a 3mins Video pitch
- Selection of the top 10 finalists from each country
- Virtual Regional Finals competition held for each country
- Selection of top 5 startups (1 from each country)
- The top 5 compete at the grand finale and Demo Day
Video Pitch Guidelines
- The video duration should be a maximum of 3 minutes and can be taken with a mobile phone
- The applicant must appear on camera for the pitch. This means that animated videos, videos with text and a voiceover, etc. cannot be used as the pitch.
- Applicants will not be scored on video quality, as the focus will be on the pitch itself, however, the applicant must ensure s/he is visible and audible.
- The pitch must be made in English
For More Information: