Application Deadline: June 15, 2022
MEET Africa (Mobilisation Européenne pour l’Entrepreneuriat en Afrique) is a diaspora entrepreneurship development project between Europe and Africa implemented by Expertise France, co-financed with 8.5 million euros by the European Union and the Agence Française de Développement.
The MEET Africa 2 programme aims to support and accompany inspiring projects led by actors from the African diaspora. The mobilisation of support networks in Europe and Africa is one of the conditions for the success of the projects that will be developed.
The MEET Africa programme was born of an observation and a desire shared by two continents. Africa is a continent bubbling with potential and innovation and its European diaspora is a dynamic and legitimate relay.
The programme is part of the continuity of actions carried out for years by the European Union and the Member States, in particular France and Germany, to promote the dynamics of wealth and job creation in Africa. Thus, we believe in the animation of an entrepreneurial ecosystem between this diaspora and the European and African support actors.
- Applicants from MEET Africa partner countries
- Applicants must belong to the diaspora of one of the following six countries and set up their project there:
- Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali, or Cameroon.
- Applicants from other countries.
- Pre-registered candidates from other African countries can also submit their project. (Only one project per candidate).
- They will benefit from an orientation that will allow them to identify the weak points of their project, to deepen their entrepreneurial ideas, to be informed about the different stages of business creation, or to be oriented towards the existing tools to support the emergence of projects.
MEET Africa 2: scaling up
The objective of MEET Africa 2 is to renew, strengthen and expand the mobilisation of the talents and financial resources of the African diaspora in Europe and/or newly resettled on the African continent.
MEET Africa has the following specific objectives to :
The main expected results are :
- The creation of a digital platform to facilitate access to the service offer available to diasporas
- Strengthening of technical support actors for entrepreneurship: coaching, networking, financial support
- Technical support for the creation or development of business projects
- The strengthening of companies’ equity and the identification of complementary financial arrangements.
MEET Africa is part of the common law support systems, supports and reinforces them around the support of the diaspora.
MEET Africa’ssupport offers 3 services:
Creating the Network
The MEET Africa Hub offers you:
– contact with support organisations in France and in Africa
– access to best practices, relay of opportunities, organisation of events with a personalised news feed
For More Information: