Application Deadline: 10 December 2023.
MDIF Ventures is calling for applications for investment from young and growing independent media companies with positive social impact and potential to scale. Successful applicants will receive equity financing and strategic advice to help them take their business to the next level.
- MDIF Ventures invests in media anywhere on the early-stage spectrum, from pre-seed (“friends and family” and angel rounds) through to participating in growth or Series A financing rounds.
Eligibility for MDIF Ventures financing
- Commitment to the provision of unique, credible, independent news, reducing information poverty, addressing accountability, or strengthening debate in the public interest.
- Commitment to fostering democratic practices and institutions, political pluralism, transparency, human rights, and dignity and equal rights for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion and other subjects of discrimination.
- Ownership must be independent from the government or any other political or economic interests. (May be waived if the level and nature of such ownership do not put the applicant’s editorial independence in question.)
- Located in or serve an audience in countries where access to free and independent news and information is under threat. MDIF Ventures is not able to consider applications from Russia.
- The amount MDIF Ventures invests in each deal depends on many factors, including: stage of company development, total round-size and location. When applying, please provide the total amount of money you are raising and how much of the round has already been raised (if any).
For More Information: