Application Deadline: 10th May 2023
Maliyo Games has created a 3-month training programme for aspiring game artists. The programme is designed to create a talent pipeline for the growing games industry in Africa, turning raw talent into industry-ready professionals.
This is achieved by identifying individuals with the required skills, through a competitive selection process. We then provide qualifying candidates with a focused game-arts training programme.
You will benefit from a diverse learning community, experience tutors, and mentors from the games industry.
At the end of the programme, we will award certificates of completion to all participants who successfully complete their final project and top participants from the programme can apply for a 3-month paid internship at Maliyo Games.
- You are a resident of Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, or Uganda
- You have access to a personal laptop or graphics tablet
- You have experience working with Blender, Clip Studio, and/or Adobe Photoshop
- You have a background in technical drawing and painting
- You are available to begin training from May 2023.
The art programme will operate in 2 levels. Students who successfully complete level 1 will progress to level 2.
- Learning Phase
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Start Date: 31st May 2023
- End Date: 26th July 2023
- Project Phase
- Duration: 4 Weeks
- Start Date: 27th July
- End Date: 24th August
- Character Design
- Promotional Art Design
- Art Collaboration
- Environment Design
- Scene Visualisation
- 3D Modeling
- Character Animation
What You’ll Need
- Passion for Art & Design
- Computer or graphic tablet
- Photoshop, Blender, Clip Studio
- Availability for 3 months
- 2D & 3D Production
- Free Online Training
- Certificate Of Completion
- Experienced Mentor/Tutor
- Apply by 10th May 2023
- Submit the assignment by 19th May 2023
- Training Commences on 31st May 2023
For More Information: