Application Deadline: 12 January 2024 (midnight CEST).
IIASA offers a summer program for PhD students to undertake a scientific project on a topic related to the IIASA research agenda.
- The program is designed for Ph.D. students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving their Ph.D.) working on a topic compatible with ongoing research at IIASA and a wish to explore the policy implications of their work. Participants will be working under the direct mentorship of an experienced IIASA scientist in a unique interdisciplinary and international research environment. They will produce a paper (serving as the first step towards a publishable journal article) and will get the opportunity to build up contacts for future collaboration within the institute’s worldwide network.
- Applicants can choose to work with up to two programs. We strongly encourage to carefully read through all program descriptions before making your decision.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of National Member Organizations (NMO) countries.
- Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer (however, you may apply several times) and you will need to be present at the institute (i.e. no fieldwork or working remotely) for the full duration of the program.
- Most of the National Member Organizations (NMOs) provide grants to enable young scientists (either their own nationals or foreign students studying in their country) to participate in the YSSP.
- All successfully selected applicants will receive notification about funding shortly after the evaluation process
The program usually runs from 1 June until 31 August. Depending on weekends and holidays, the exact days may vary.
For More Information:
Previous articleThe Department of Tourism Bursary Program 2023 for South African graduatesNext articleThe Atlantic Fellows for Social and Economic Equity Programme 2024/2025 for social-change leaders (Fully Funded study at London School of Economics and Political Science)