Application Deadline: 12 November 2022
The Google.org AI for the Global Goals Call for Applications is a call to find organizations around the world that are using artificial intelligence (AI) to help accelerate progress against the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Applications for funding are now open and will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Google.org will work with partners and AI experts to evaluate projects and select organizations to receive support. Based on the type of project, Google.org will provide support through a combination of funding, product donations and technical expertise.
A call to find organizations around the world that are using artificial intelligence to create new, innovative solutions to existing problems and to make progress against the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In the past we’ve supported projects that use AI-powered tools to track air quality and pollution, use bioacoustic monitoring to detect immediate deforestation threats, and connect people in transition to education and job opportunities – and others.
- The Call for Applications is open to any not-for-profit charity, other not-for-profit organization, public or private academic or research institution, or for-profit social enterprise company with a project that has an explicit charitable purpose. Your organization must have a registered office in your country of residence. Organizations located in Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) and Luhansk People’s Republic (LNR), or Syria and projects in those countries are not eligible to apply. Unfortunately, individuals without organizational affiliation are ineligible.
- For-profit businesses that are registered or formed under the laws of their country may apply if their suggested project has an explicit charitable purpose and they are willing to open source any IP created (or distributed) with the funding.
- There is no fixed amount recipients may request or receive if selected. Historically, Google.org AI for Social Good funding has ranged from $500k to $2M, with the median at $1.3M.
- Applying organizations must have the capacity to absorb a large amount of funding.
- Based on the type of project, Google.org will provide support through a combination of funding, product donations and technical expertise.
- Google.org encourage applicants to submit budgets that accurately reflect the scope of their proposal. Likewise, any additional resources provided will also be tailored to project needs.
will accept applications beginning on 15 September 2022 and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all selections are made. Please apply by 12:00 p.m. GMT on 12 November 2022 for priority consideration.
For More Information:
Previous articleUN Global Compact’s Young SDG Innovators Programme 2022/2023 for young ProfessionalsNext articleNigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee Program 2022/2023 for Nigerian graduates.