Interested to have the Yali Experience? then Hurry now and apply for the Fully Funded YALI Regional Leadership Center Fellowship Program 2022 for East Africans – Cohort 25,26 & 27-KENYA. Hurry and apply now !!
The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa, located at Kenyatta University in Nairobi, Kenya serves 14 countries in East and Central Africa: Burundi, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. The Center is overseen by Deloitte East Africa and is supported by a growing number of African and international partners.
(1) Business and Entrepreneurship,
(2) Civic Leadership, and (3) Public Management in a 4-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning, and communication.
The program’s emphasis is on interactive and experiential learning which fosters each participant’s ability to contribute both individually and in teams.
To be Taken in:
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
Tracks of study:
Civic leadership Oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, or volunteerism.
Public Management: Tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the East Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly-minded organizations or think tanks.
Business and Entrepreneurship: Focused on the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who hope to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
Engagement after Program One of the most important questions after the 4-week program is: what’s next? Alumni will have ongoing opportunities to connect, continue their learning, help to shape future cohorts of the program, and apply the lessons, tools, and techniques learned to benefit their communities.
Some of the Center’s exclusive alumni-only opportunities include: After the program, alumni are requested to take on a meaningful role in giving back and fulfilling a commitment to “pay it forward” in a variety of ways.
By sharing with an individual, organization, or cause, alumni can perpetuate the skills, tools, and knowledge from the Center to benefit others. Volunteer Engagement
- Serving as volunteers via country-based Alumni Chapters or as Country Liaisons, alumni can help to coordinate activities, host trainings, recruit prospective participants, review applications, and engage the community.
- Applying for financial and non-financial resources that support collective action that help alumni to provide meaningful activities, trainings, events, workshops, and forums to their communities and countries.
Networking, Events & Continued Learning Taking advantage of specialized networking occasions (e.g., with local investors, public officials, etc.), social events, continued educational opportunities such as monthly Learning Labs, and a platform to keep connected with fellow graduates
Application Deadline: 01 June 05:00 pm EAT (Closed)
For More Information: