Application for 2022 United Nations Africa B.I.S Grant is ongoing!
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa B.I.S (Business. Idea. Startup) Grant awards $25,000 to Africans with innovative ideas, brilliant startups, and growing businesses.
To apply successfully, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this grant- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
UNECA Grant for Businesses, Ideas & Startups
Whether it’s just an idea or an established business, our program is structured to assist you access funds.
- Target AudienceCitizens from 54 member countries of the African Union.
- Grant Prize 5,000 participants would be selected to receive a grant of $25,000 in cash and $10,000 in training.
- EligibilityParticipants must be between the ages of 16 – 65 and should have a valid national means of identification.
B.I.S Grant aims to empower Africans to thrive in a daunting economy by equipping them with financing, training, and mentorship.
The process to acquire our grant is categorized into three stages.
- Application StageFirstly, applicants shall apply via the online form below. Within 4-5 working days, an applicant should receive a positive or negative feedback from the assessment team.
- Interview StageApplicants who receive positive feedbacks shall have a virtual interview with a United Nations assessment representative. Within 48-72 hours, the interview result should be disclosed.
- Verification StageFinalist shall go through a process of thorough verification before any disbursement can be initiated.
United Nations Africa B.I.S Grant- SELECTION CRITERIA
What We’re Looking Out For
Criteria used in evaluating applications and awarding grants include:
- Financials: How our grant funds would really contribute to the growth of your idea, startup or business.
- Integrity: Your application should be filled with acurate information as we often verify applicant claims.
- Team: Explain why you or your team (if any) is best equipped to execute your idea, startup or business.
- Broader Impact: During the interview, share how our grant funds would impact your society at large.
- Age: Applicant must be above the age of 16 years and below 65 years.
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a bona fide citizen of an African country.
- Education: Applicant must have at least completed secondary or high school education.
- Conferencing Tool: Applicant must have a close-by device to initiate a video conferencing call.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Activities concerning B.I.S. should be submitted online through the application portal.
- Click the ‘APPLY NOW’ button below.
- Choose between ‘Inceptor’ and ‘Custodian’. An inceptor describes a person who has an idea, concept or plan but is yet to execute it into business. A custodian describes a person who manages an existing startup or business.
- Fill the form accurately and expect a feedback within 4-5 working days.
- Participants with positive feedback should make adequate preparations for an online interview.
Click on the BUTTON below to apply.
United Nations Africa B.I.S Grant- Application Deadline
The closing date for this award application entry is Friday, 24th September 2022.
We Also Recommend
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.