Application Deadline:30 April 2022
EatSafe is calling all students, researchers, entrepreneurs, and innovators, passionate about food safety and/or nutrition, to share their ideas on how existing food safety innovations can be adapted and applied in traditional markets and further up the food chain. Take part in the EatSafe Innovation Challenge and make a lasting difference to the health of your fellow citizens! You will stand a chance to participate in the global EatSafe Innovation Challenge grand final taking place in Denmark in October, and where USD 10,000 are up for grabs!
The EatSafe Innovation Challenge is an activity led by the EatSafe Consortium, which includes the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), Pierce Mill Entertainment and Education, and Busara Center for Behavioral Economics. It is supported by Scaling Up Nutrition Business Network (SBN) and the IFSS portal.
To be eligible to enter the Competition you must answer the following three questions truthfully.
- You are 18 years of age or over by 31 August 2022
- You reside in Nigeria or Ethiopia and (i) are not citizens of any countries of exclusion referenced in the attached Terms and Conditions and/or (ii) if applicable your business is not incorporated in any countries of exclusion referenced in the attached Terms and Conditions of the competition
- You have read, understood and agreed without reservations to the attached Terms and Conditions of the competition If you are found to have answered any of these questions falsely or misled the organisers in any way in your application then the organisers may remove you from the Competition.
GAIN reserves the right to transition any in-person event to virtual to ensure the safety of its participants. If in-person events are organized, the EatSafe Innovation Challenge will follow national COVID-19 guidelines and policies.
- This opportunity is open to students, researchers, entrepreneurs, and other innovators based in Ethiopia or Nigeria.
- The Challenge especially encourages women and young people working or interested in working in the field of food safety and/or nutrition to apply.
- Applicants must be available to travel in October 2022 and adhere to travel rules in Denmark.
- Participants will benefit from national and global visibility, recognition, mentorship, technical training and networking opportunities with leading industry players, investors, researchers, and academia.
For More Information: