Application Deadline: 9th December 2022
The In-Country/In-Region scholarship programme in Eastern Africa aims to promote the development of university teaching staff in universities and build capacity for staff in the public sector through postgraduate training in selected postgraduate study programmes at selected Eastern African partner institutions.
This programme strongly encourages mobility of Sub-Saharan Africans to study in participating host institutions within the Eastern Africa region. Check the information further below for the links to the programmes funded, the links to the specific call for scholarship applications and the links to the host institutions.
- The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
(Post)graduate programmes in West and Central Africa for which DAAD scholarships are offered:
(Post)graduate programmes in Southern Africa for which DAAD scholarships are offered:
(Post)graduate programmes in Eastern Africa for which DAAD scholarships are offered:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance (only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
- Health insurance (only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
Please review the call for applications of the degree programme you wish to apply for to see the specific requirements. Generally, the minimum requirements are:
- Successful completion of a three-year Bachelor degree (Master’s applicants) or a two-year Master degree (PhD applicants) with above average results (at least 2nd class upper division or equivalent);
- Completion of last university degree should not be more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Clear demonstration of motivation and strong commitment;
- Thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
- National or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Employed as a staff member of a public university, be a candidate for teaching or research staff recruitment, employed in the public sector, and/or an alumnus/a of the DAFI-programme
For More Information:
Previous articleDeloitte 2023 Graduate Recruitment for young Nigerian graduates.Next articleUS-MEPI Student Leaders Program 2023 for undergraduate & graduate Students from the Middle East and North Africa (Fully Funded to USA)