Application Deadline: 30 August, 2022
Most young people feel cut off from the leaders and governments who shape society. That’s why Chatham House created Common Futures Conversations. The platform lets you speak directly online with presidents, prime ministers and other policy makers from Africa and Europe. It’s your chance to help them understand your views and tell them how they could do things better.
Joining Common Futures gives you access to our online platform, which works like a social media site. It’s designed to let you:
- Develop policy solutions and pitch them to people in government;
- Connect with experts to discuss vital issues;
- Inform people in government about the challenges you face;
- Discover Chatham House research, and tell us what we could do better;
- Share your experiences with others from Africa and Europe.
To apply for Common Futures you must be:
- Aged 18-30;
- Based in a European or African country;
- Interested in developing real solutions to global challenges like climate change, inequality and security.
- You will also need a working knowledge of English.
Joining Common Futures gives you access to great career-building benefits:
- Contribute to articles and podcasts published on our website;
- Take part in our events;
- Learn about international affairs careers from Chatham House experts;
- Meet other young people from Africa and Europe who are interested in international affairs;
- Get your ideas heard by key people in African and European governments;
- Develop your writing, speaking and research skills.
How to Apply:
Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 30 August.
For More Information:
Previous articleThe Chevening West African Manuscripts Crowdsourcing Project Fellowship 2023 (Fully Funded to the United Kingdom)Next articleThe Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) Digital Literacy and Skills Training Workshop for Women.