Application Deadline: 21 April 2023 at 14.00 hours (GMT +0).
Casa África launches the ninth edition of Purorrelato, its micro-story contest that aims to promote literary creation that encourages us to feel and think about Africa and to continue showing different realities that approach us to the continent, away from the stereotypes that have marked it for so long.
- The theme is free, although the micro-stories should be related to Africa in some way. The story could take place inside or outside the continent and its degree of relation with Africa could range from a detail to the total protagonism of the story.
- In addition, the micro-stories must be original, unpublished and must not have won a prize or be pending a decision in other contests or competitions. Participants must guarantee that there are no third-party rights over the micro-stories submitted and will be responsible for any claims that may be made in this respect.
- The micro-stories could be submitted in Spanish, English, French or Portugueses, with a maximum length of 1500 characters (not words) including spaces and excluding the title.
- First award: 750 euros
- Second award: 375 euros
- Third award: 225 euros
- In addition to the financial awards, Casa África may grant runners-up prizes or special mentions to authors whose texts are ranked between fourth and sixth place
- The stories received will be assessed by a jury composed of African and/or Spanish renowned experts in African literature.
- The deadline for submission is 21 April 2023 at 14.00 hours (GMT +0).
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Casa África micro-story contest 2023
Previous articleWest African Research Center (WARC) Travel Grant Fellowship Program 2023/2024 for African Scholars & Graduates ($1,500 grant)