Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
The AU Innovating Education in Africa Call invites innovators to propose new and practical education innovations with the potential for sustainability, scalability, and replication on a wide scale. AU IEA is looking to mobilize continental education innovators to rethink solutions that will help address education and skills development challenges in Africa especially as countries emerge from COVID-19.
Applications will be accepted from citizens of AU Member States leading an organization that meets the following criteria.
• Successfully implementing an education innovation in one or more AU Member States with verifiable outcomes. An education innovation refers to a product or service being offered by an organization that uses a relatively distinct approach—with respect to the African context—in addressing challenges in the education system.
• Legally registered and licensed to operate in an AU Member State.
• Directly responsible for the implementation and management of the innovation, i.e., not acting as an intermediary.
Benefits for successful applicants
Successful applicants will benefit from one or more of the following:
• Receive grants of up to 100,000 USD to strengthen the interoperability of innovations with public education systems, while collecting evidence on effectiveness.
• Promotion of Innovation to AU Member States and Development Partners, including publication in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2023.
• Certificate of recognition from the Commissioner of Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation of the African Union.
• Capacity Building for Innovators by Partner Organizations.
Submissions should be made online in English or French at https://tinyurl.com/mr29ffcc with the following information.
• A brief statement of the challenge being addressed (100 words).
• Description of the innovation, specifically how it functions, the implementation approach, and the revenue model (500 words).
• Report on the performance and outcomes of the innovation (500 words).
• Documentation of business registration and license of operation.
- Please note that no more than one innovation may be submitted by an organization; failure to comply will lead to disqualification. R
ecipients of grants under the IEA programme in the past are not eligible to apply.
- Deadline for submissions: 30 June 2023 by 23:00 (GMT+3).
- Inquiries may be sent to [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the African Union Innovating Education in Africa 2023