Application Deadline: 4 September 2022.
The African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) was created in 2006 to support the effective conservation and protection of cultural and natural heritage of outstanding universal value in Africa. The main objective of AWHF is to address the challenges faced by African State Parties in the implementation of the 1972 Convention, specifically, the underrepresentation of African sites on the World Heritage List and the insufficient conservation and management of these sites.
The 5th of May marks African World Heritage Day, an international day proclaimed by UNESCO Member States in November 2015 to celebrate the exceptional cultural and natural heritage of the African continent. Since 2016, as a build-up to the African World Heritage Day, young people (i.e. individuals aged 18 to 35) from all over the African continent come together in the African World Heritage Youth Forum to discuss and debate their involvement in the conservation, management, and promotion of World Heritage. The African World Heritage Youth Forum target motivated, active, and driven African youth interested in engaging in a World Heritage network and eager to implement the outcomes of the Youth Forum in their home countries.
Applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
• African citizen between the ages: 26- 35;
• Minimum requirements: a post-secondary certified training and/or qualification;
• Fluency in French (being the working language of the Forum) and ability to communicate in English;
• Available for the entire duration of the Forum.
• Experienced in the field of World Heritage; working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people.
• Ability to write reports.
• Personal attributes: motivated, active and driven individuals interested in learning how to assess the viability, feasibility, and desirability of social business ideas while engaging in a World Heritage network of young Africans eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their home countries.
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
- Kindly submit your CV and cover letter describing your involvement in heritage and highlight your previous experience as a Resource Person or Coordinator for Youth or Heritage activities.
- Send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 4 September 2022.
For More Information: