Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards recognize fundamental contributions in a broad array of areas of scientific knowledge, technology, humanities and artistic creation.
The disciplines and domains of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards are:
The Climate Change award recognizes both research endeavors in confronting this challenge and impactful actions informed by the best science. In Humanities and Social Sciences, the award will alternate annually between these two disciplinary domains, with this sixteenth edition dedicated to the Social Sciences. Finally, the Music and Opera category encompasses composition, instrumental and vocal performance, musical and stage direction, and video art creation associated with musical or operatic works.
- Candidates may be one or more natural persons of any nationality, without limitation of number, that have made independent or convergent contributions to a given advance, whether due to a formal collaboration (with the nominees belonging to one or more groups) or parallel working. The awards are also open to scientific or cultural organizations that can be collectively credited with exceptional contributions to sci- entific knowledge, cultural creation or the fight against climate change.
- Awards may not be granted posthumously.
- The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards consist of 400,000 euros, a diploma and a commemorative artwork in each of their eight categories.
- In the event that an award is shared by more than one person, its monetary amount will be divided equally among all recipients.
- All awards, in whatever category, will be subject to the withholding and other taxes prescribed by current legislation, which will be deducted from their total amount.
Self-nomination is not permitted.
Any scientific or cultural organization or institution can submit nominations, following their own internal procedures. Among them:
- Scientific or artistic societies and organizations a National and regional academies of science or culture
- Public or private R&D centers
- University schools, departments or institutes and research or teaching institutes
- Hospital departments and biomedical research centers
- Schools of music
- Orchestras, orchestra associations, opera theaters and opera associations
- Public agencies and supranational, national or regional organizations substantially engaged in analysis and/or activities relating to climate change
- Other scientific, cultural and environmental organizations
Winners of the Nobel Prize in any of its categories are likewise eligible to nominate, as are past winners of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards.
For More Information: