Application Deadline: November 25, 2022
For the emergence of the societies, we need to give women a voice to express themselves and assert themselves.
It is in this logic that the African Culture Fund has chosen to launch the pan–African program LEWO (Leadership and Empowerment for Women), dedicated to the professionalization and capacity building of women artists and cultural entrepreneurs in Africa, with a view to strengthening their leadership and contributing to their empowerment, by providing them with the tools necessary for access to international markets.
LEWO is a continuation of the ACF ACADEMY program, launched in July 2021 and which has so far enabled the incubation and capacity building of 20 cultural managers from West Africa and 12 young visual artists from North Africa.
Thus, the African Culture Fund is launching a call for applications, in partnership with the Institut Kôrè des Arts et Métiers (IKAM Ségou), with a view to selecting 16 female artists and cultural entrepreneurs from West Africa and Central Africa to take part in BOOT CAMP #3 scheduled in Ségou from March 2023.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 21 and 40 years old,
- Be a female artist (regardless of discipline) or entrepreneur with at least five years of experience, practicing and residing in Africa,
- Be a national of one of the West African or Central African countries (list below),
Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea–Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo.
Angola, Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Chad.
- Be available from March 2023 to participate in the various LEWO Program training and networking activities.
The candidate selection procedure has five (05) steps:
Applications will be evaluated by an independent selection committee made up of experts and professionals working in the cultural sector and familiar with the artistic and cultural realities of West and Central Africa.
- The LEWO program provides support for participants throughout the duration of the Boot Camp (international transport, accommodation, catering, intercity travel).
ActivitiesDeadlineStart of announcementOctober 25, 2022Deadline for admissibility of requests for clarificationNovember 11, 2022Deadline for clarification by ACFNovember 18, 2022Deadline for submitting applicationsNovember 25, 2022Announcement of the results of the evaluation by the selection panelDecember 19, 2022Sending of the notice of selection and details of the boot camp to the winnersFrom December 19 to 20, 2022Duration of Boot Camp #3From Monday 13 to Friday 31 March 2023
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their file to the email address [email protected], no later than November 25, 2022.
The file must be written in one of the following languages: French, English
The file should include:
- Copy of your identity document or other equivalent documents (indicating Surname and First name, Nationality, Date of Birth)
- Cover letter (350 words maximum)
- Brief presentation of the artistic approach (for artists) or biography (for entrepreneurs)
- Portfolio: presentation of works and/or photos of previous projects (12 pages maximum)
NB: Files submitted after the deadline or incomplete will not be accepted.
For More Information: